This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the renewable energy sector for India. In-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data is presented.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
India ranked sixth in renewable energy (RE) installed capacity in the world in 2017. In FY2017 RE generation accounted for 22% of total energy generation. In addition, India has set an ambitious target of establishing 175 GW of new RE installed capacity by 2022, which would turn India into the world’s largest RE market.
Solar and wind are the renewable energy sources (RES) with the highest potential in the country. Solar energy is a priority for the Indian government and enjoys a number of incentives and support schemes. Solar energy has significant untapped potential and can solve the issue of rural electrification in the country. It is projected that solar energy will drive the growth of the RE sector in India in the coming years and beyond.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the renewable energy sector and the energy matrix of India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. wind, solar and biomass).
- Tata Power
- Adani Enterprises Limited
- NHPC Limited
- India Power Corporation Limited
- Madhav Infra Projects Limited
Key Topics Covered:
01 Executive Summary
02 Sector Forecast
03 Sector in Focus
04 Competitive Landscape
05 Companies in Focus
06 Regulatory Environment
07 Wind Energy
08 Solar Energy
11 Waste to Energy